Winchester Electronics specializes in High Mix / Low volume cable assemblies, which are designed and manufactured within the company’s global footprint:
Cable Assembly Locations
- Corporate Headquarters – Middlebury, Connecticut USA – ITAR Custom Cable Assembly
- Franklin, Massachusetts USA – Custom Cable Assembly
- Spartanburg, South Carolina USA – Custom Cable Assembly
- Nogales, Mexico – Custom Cable Assembly
- Penang, Malaysia – Custom Cable Assembly
- Suzhou, China – Custom Cable Assembly
Winchester utilizes an open-source connector policy for its cable assemblies using KINGS, Cadillac, Continental, and Winchester brands of connectors; or connectors from any other manufacturer that meets the requirements of the customer’s cable assembly requirements. Winchester Electronics is solely focused on providing the best product solution.
|AS 9100||Aerospace Quality Management System|
|ISO 13485:2003||Medical Device Quality Management System|
IPC/WHMA-A-620 (Class 3)
|Requirements and Acceptance Standards for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies|
|ISO 9001:2008||Quality Management Systems|
|OHSAS 18001:2007||Occupational Health and Safety|
|ISO 14001:2004||Environmental Management System|
The Winchester engineering team will support you as little or as much as you need to develop and finalize your product’s design and manufacturing drawings, including:
- Reviewing customer supplied drawings to ensure that the cable assemblies and wire harnesses meet Winchester Electronics’ Designed-For Manufacturability (DFM) requirements.
- Reverse-engineering an existing product.
- Developing a new cable assembly or wire harness design.
Depending on the type of interconnect and design criteria used, Winchester Electronics will apply electrical modeling (simulation stools, 3-D field analysis and cascading analysis) and mechanical modeling tools (3-D mechanical analysis and thermal stress modeling) to ensure that the cable assembly products are best-in-class.
Cable assemblies often require the use of composite cables (a mix of different cable types within a single sheath) and Winchester Electronics has a qualified selection of specialist partner companies who will produce custom composite cables for each application’s unique design.
- More details on Winchester Electronics cable assembly value-added services
The cable assemblies and cable wire harnesses are built to IPC-A-620 Class 3 standards (Requirements and Acceptance for Cable/Wire Harness Assemblies). This international standard is the industry quality standard for cable assemblies.
Winchester Electronics is a leader and an active participant in the development of these quality standards worldwide.
Winchester Electronics is a customer-focused / market-centric business and has developed the engineering expertise and the compliance requirements to support the cable assembly needs of a wide range of markets including Broadcast, Computing, Energy, Industrial, Medical, Mil/Aero, Rail/Mass Transit, Semiconductor, and Telecom/Wireless.
Learn more about Winchester Electronics Cable Assemblies
Contact us to find out how Winchester Electronics can assist you on your next custom cable assembly project.
- Process and Crimp Single Conductor to 750 mcm
- Multi-conductor to 35 Kv/250 mcm
- Volume Cable and Connector buying power
- High flexibility Litz processing and termination
- Overmold capability
- Survivability in harsh environments
- Reduced cost by eliminating mechanical back shells
- Improved cable retention by integrating a strain relief
- Splash proof or even waterproof
- Reduced size over standard back shells while maintaining EMI protection
- Color match to equipment, to the cable, or contrast from one another
- Custom shapes, cable exits, and logos