Winchester Electronics specializes in High Mix / Low volume cable assemblies, which are designed and manufactured within the company’s global footprint:
Winchester utilizes an open-source connector policy for its cable assemblies using KINGS, Cadillac, Continental, and Winchester brands of connectors; or connectors from any other manufacturer that meets the requirements of the customer’s cable assembly requirements. Winchester Electronics is solely focused on providing the best product solution.
The Winchester engineering team will support you as little or as much as you need to develop and finalize your product’s design and manufacturing drawings, including:
- Reviewing customer supplied drawings to ensure that the cable assemblies and wire harnesses meet Winchester Electronics’ Designed-For Manufacturability (DFM) requirements.
- Reverse-engineering an existing product.
- Developing a new cable assembly or wire harness design.
Depending on the type of interconnect and design criteria used, Winchester Electronics will apply electrical modeling (simulation stools, 3-D field analysis and cascading analysis) and mechanical modeling tools (3-D mechanical analysis and thermal stress modeling) to ensure that the cable assembly products are best-in-class.
Cable assemblies often require the use of composite cables (a mix of different cable types within a single sheath) and Winchester Electronics has a qualified selection of specialist partner companies who will produce custom composite cables for each application’s unique design.
- More details on Winchester Electronics cable assembly value-added services
Cable Assembly Locations
- Corporate Headquarters – Middlebury, Connecticut USA – ITAR Custom Cable Assembly
- Franklin, Massachusetts USA – Custom Cable Assembly
- Spartanburg, South Carolina USA – Custom Cable Assembly
- Nogales, Mexico – Custom Cable Assembly
- Penang, Malaysia – Custom Cable Assembly
- Suzhou, China – Custom Cable Assembly
|AS 9100||Aerospace Quality Management System|
|ISO 13485:2003||Medical Device Quality Management System|
|IPC/WHMA-A-620 (Class 3)||Requirements and Acceptance Standards for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies|
|ISO 9001:2008||Quality Management Systems|
|OHSAS 18001:2007||Occupational Health and Safety|
|ISO 14001:2004||Environmental Management System|
The cable assemblies and cable wire harnesses are built to IPC-A-620 Class 3 standards (Requirements and Acceptance for Cable/Wire Harness Assemblies). This international standard is the industry quality standard for cable assemblies.
Winchester Electronics is a customer-focused / market-centric business and has developed the engineering expertise and the compliance requirements to support the cable assembly needs of a wide range of markets including Broadcast, Computing, Energy, Industrial, Medical, Mil/Aero, Rail/Mass Transit, Semiconductor, and Telecom/Wireless.
Learn more about Winchester Electronics Cable Assemblies
Contact us to find out how Winchester Electronics can assist you on your next custom cable assembly project.
- Process and Crimp Single Conductor to 750 mcm
- Multi-conductor to 35 Kv/250 mcm
- Volume Cable and Connector buying power
- High flexibility Litz processing and termination
- Overmold capability
- Survivability in harsh environments
- Reduced cost by eliminating mechanical back shells
- Improved cable retention by integrating a strain relief
- Splash proof or even waterproof
- Reduced size over standard back shells while maintaining EMI protection
- Color match to equipment, to the cable, or contrast from one another
- Custom shapes, cable exits, and logos